Did you know the RBHS’s hospital cover gives you access to chemotherapy treatment at home? It is a nice option to have for what is a pretty disruptive treatment.
Our trusted provider, View Health, provides a program called Chemo at Home. You can get the treatment you need (if it’s covered by Medicare) delivered in your home including:
- targeted cancer therapies
- targeted therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
What is chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells using drugs, often by intravenous drip (IV) into a vein.
Benefits of Chemo at Home
- no need for you or your family to pay for expensive parking at hospitals
- convenient service at reliable times for you
- less disruption to your life
- less chance of contracting common hospital infections
Chemo at Home is an Australian company founded by two health professionals, Julie Adams and Lorna Cook. Julie had the skills to treat her dad for cancer at his home during his emphysema before services at home were available. She later managed a chemotherapy service in the public sector for more than a decade. Lorna, a Registered Nurse with a decade of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry later joined Julie to create Chemo at Home.
Chemo at Home uses highly-skilled health professionals such as nurses and pharmacists and a 24-hour phone support to give you quality treatment at home.