Did you know the RBHS’s hospital cover gives you access to chemotherapy treatment at home? It is a nice option to have for what is a pretty disruptive treatment.
Our trusted provider, View Health, provides a program called Chemo at Home. You can get the treatment you need (if it’s covered by Medicare) delivered in your home including:
- targeted cancer therapies
- targeted therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
What is chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells using drugs, often by intravenous drip (IV) into a vein.
Benefits of Chemo at Home
- no need for you or your family to pay for expensive parking at hospitals
- convenient service at reliable times for you
- less disruption to your life
- less chance of contracting common hospital infections
Our registered providers give you the treatment you need (if it’s covered by Medicare), delivered to you in the comfort of your home. Treatment can start when the Chemo at Home provider has received and approved the referral from your oncologist.