Transferring from another health fund to RBHS is easy. You simply need to sign up to RBHS and we can cancel your old cover for you. This is the best way for you to maintain continuity of health cover.
You will not have to re-serve applicable waiting periods if you transfer from another registered health fund, provided that:
- you had an equivalent or higher level of cover with that fund;
- your cover was paid up to date at the time of transfer;
- applicable waiting periods have been completed (or partially completed with the remainder to be served with us) at that fund; and
- we have received a clearance certificate from the previous fund advising of the above.
Are you eligible to join the RBHS?
Reserve Bank Health Society is a restricted health fund for current and former employees of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) and Note Printing Australia (NPA) and their families. Check that you fit into one of our 3 eligibility criteria:
- I’m a current or former eligible employee of the RBA or NPA.
- I’m the current or former spouse of an eligible current or former RBA or NPA employee.
- I’m an adult child of an eligible current or former RBA or NPA employee.
If you’re unsure if you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, simply give us a call or email and we’ll confirm your eligibility for you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us on 1800 027 299 between 8:30am and 5pm AET, Monday to Friday.
Benefit from the Australian Government Rebate on Private Health Insurance to reduce your premiums
The rebate helps with the cost of private health insurance (so that more people take out private cover).
It is income tested and is applied to both hospital and extras cover. If you have a Lifetime Health Cover loading, the Rebate is not applied to that portion of your payments.
The Rebate you get is based on the age of the oldest person of your membership, your taxable household income (for Medicare Levy Surcharge purposes), CPI (inflation) and average health fund industry premium increases.