See below for our latest updates
Updated 6 August 2020:
Most dentists across the country still remain on level 1 restrictions which means that dental treatments and regular check-ups are becoming available again, subject to some pretty sensible COVID-19 triaging. Mid-July saw some parts of VIC moving back to level 2 restrictions meaning some services may be postponed (unless deemed urgent). In any case, we recommend that you call your dentist to find out more.
To ensure there are enough resources to help the most vulnerable Victorians, as at 5 August 2020, the Premier announced that all category 3 and non-urgent category 2 elective surgeries, across public and private hospitals in will be paused.
In all other states, elective surgeries are continuing as normal in the private system.
If you have any concerns about your hospital stay, please call us on 1800 027 299.
Updated 4 June 2020: Dental is back
Dentists are back down to level 1 restrictions. That means that dental treatments and regular check-ups are becoming available again, subject to some pretty sensible COVID-19 triaging. Call your dentist to find out more.
Updated 23 April 2020:
We have postponed our annual premium increases for 6 months and have announced a range of measures to support our members.
- Premium increase postponed until 1 October 2020. There is no action needed by you, we will make these arrangements for all members.
Hospital treatment for COVID-19 is included on your hospital cover. COVID-19 treatment is covered on your Gold Hospital cover, as long as you joined before 31 March 2020. Waiting periods apply to those who join after the 31st of March.
- RBHS members in financial hardship can call us on 1800 027 299 to discuss financial support options.
- RBHS is taking precautions and following ‘social distancing’ guidelines in response to COVID-19 and is operating at reduced service levels during this period.
- We encourage members to use our digital services like our app and Online Member Services.
- You can contact us on 1800 027 299 or send us an email at email@example.com
New RBHS support
RBHS has arranged additional support measures for our members until 1 October 2020, during COVID-19. Our new support measures are:
- Hospital treatment for COVID-19 included for our hospital cover. There will be no waiting periods for any COVID-19 hospital admission for members who had our hospital cover as at yesterday.
- Freezing rate increase: The annual rate increase was scheduled for 1 April, and has now been postponed for 6 months until 1 October 2020 and will be reviewed again at that time.
- Easier access to financial support. RBHS members in financial hardship can call us on 1800 027 299 to discuss financial support options.
- Telehealth and video consultations for members with extras cover: If you have extras cover, you will be able to claim the usual face-to-face consultation benefits for telehealth/video consultations during this time for;
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Telephone-based health programs: If you have a health condition you’re managing, we have a range of free health programs available on our hospital cover.
- Hospital at Home: We continue to offer Hospital at Home services and Rehab at Home, where it’s safe to do so and your specialist agrees.