Updated 23 April 2020: We have postponed our annual premium increases for 6 months and have announced a range of measures to support our members.
- Premium increase postponed until 1 October 2020. There is no action needed by you, we will make these arrangements for all members.
Hospital treatment for COVID-19 is included on your hospital cover. COVID-19 treatment is covered on your Gold Hospital cover, as long as you joined before 31 March 2020. Waiting periods apply to those who join after the 31st of March.
- RBHS members in financial hardship can call us on 1800 027 299 to discuss financial support options.
- RBHS is taking precautions and following ‘social distancing’ guidelines in response to COVID-19 and is operating at reduced service levels during this period.
- We encourage members to use our digital services like our app and Online Member Services.
- You can contact us on 1800 027 299 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
New RBHS support
RBHS has arranged additional support measures for our members until 1 October 2020, during COVID-19. Our new support measures are:
- Hospital treatment for COVID-19 included for our hospital cover. There will be no waiting periods for any COVID-19 hospital admission for members who had our hospital cover as at yesterday.
- Freezing rate increase: The annual rate increase was scheduled for 1 April, and has now been postponed for 6 months until 1 October 2020 and will be reviewed again at that time.
- Easier access to financial support. RBHS members in financial hardship can call us on 1800 027 299 to discuss financial support options.
- Telehealth and video consultations for members with extras cover: If you have extras cover, you will be able to claim the usual face-to-face consultation benefits for telehealth/video consultations during this time for;
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Telephone-based health programs: If you have a health condition you’re managing, we have a range of free health programs available on our hospital cover.
- Hospital at Home: We continue to offer Hospital at Home services and Rehab at Home, where it’s safe to do so and your specialist agrees.