New option for cancer treatment
We are proud to offer Chemo at Home to RBHS members with hospital cover.
We know that receiving chemotherapy can be very disruptive for patients. Getting treatment at home could reduce the risk of contracting common infections and viruses, such as COVID-19.
Our registered provider, View Health, provides the treatment you need (if it’s covered by Medicare) delivered in your home including:
- targeted cancer therapies
- targeted therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
What is chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells using drugs, often by intravenous drip (IV) into a vein.
Benefits of Chemo at Home
- less chance of contracting common hospital infections
- convenient service at reliable times for you
- less disruption to your life
- no need for you or your family to pay for expensive parking at hospitals
Want to do Chemo at Home?*
You can get started through your oncologist if they think it is a suitable option for you.
Who will have access to my personal information?
*You need to have already served your 12-month waiting period for pre-existing conditions to use this program. This means that if you want to use it in the first 12 months of having or upgrading cover, we will need to check with your doctors to make sure it is not for a condition you already had. If it is not a pre-existing condition, only the 2-month waiting period applies.