The RBHS has experienced lower claims than expected as a result of the pandemic. In recognition of this, the RBHS Board has decided to return some of these claim savings back to members. The return that you will receive is dependent on the type of policy you hold with us.
In total, we have provided support to members to the value of approximately $2.30 million since 2020 with a range of COVID-19 support packages including:
- Three member givebacks totalling more than $2,025,000;
- Postponing the 2020 premium increase by 6 months;
- Introducing new member benefits such as telehealth services on our extras cover;
- Provision of COVID-related benefits; and
- Additional measures to assist for financially vulnerable members.
Who is eligible for the return?
Anyone on a RBHS cover with an active membership on 30/06/2023.
How much return will I receive?
The return that you will receive is dependent on the type of policy you hold with us.
The return is calculated based on:
- your level of cover – extras, hospital or combined hospital and extras cover
- your scale of cover – single, single parent family, couple, or family; and
- the amount previously set aside for a potential increase in claims on your product.
Each eligible member will receive a personalised letter/email outlining the return amount they will receive.
What do I need to do to get the return?
You will receive your return in the bank account where we pay your claim benefits to in mid-September 2023. You do not need to do anything if your bank details are up to date. If we do not have your bank account details, you may receive a cheque in the mail unless you update your details.
How do I check/change/add my bank account to my membership?
- Visit Online Member Services on our website and enter your member number and password for Online Member Services.
- Click ‘My Details’.
- Click ‘Benefit Payment Details’.
- Click the ‘Change’ button to edit the details of the bank account that your benefits are paid.
- Click the ‘Next’ button, select the declaration checkbox, then click ‘Submit’.
You can also call the RBHS on 1800 027 299 to change your details over the phone.
When will I receive my return?
Our intention is for all eligible members to receive their return in mid-September 2023. We will issue each member a remittance advice once the return has been processed.
When will I know my return has arrived in my bank account?
We will issue each member a remittance advice once the return has been processed. The provider name will be ‘RBHS’ and it will detail the exact amount that we returned to you.
What if my membership is in arrears?
If your membership is in arrears on or from 30/06/23, we still consider your membership active so you will receive a return.
What if my membership is suspended?
If you suspended your health cover on or before 30/06/23, we consider your membership inactive so you will not receive a return.
What if my membership is terminated?
If you terminated your health cover on or before 30/06/23, we consider your membership inactive so you will not receive a return.
What if I recently changed my level of cover?
The return you will receive is based on the level of cover you hold as at 11:59pm 30/06/23.
If you have any questions, please call the RBHS on 1800 027 299.